One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘With less than 3 percent of its land farmable and little industry, Chad is a desperately poor country.’
- ‘China has about 20 percent of the world's population, but only 7 percent of the world's farmable land.’
- ‘One hundred sixty of those acres are farmable, and about 80 of those are currently being farmed by a dozen thriving, independent farm businesses with scores of employees and thousands - if not tens of thousands - of customers.’
- ‘In addition, windmills, called ‘polder mills,’ pump excess underground water to keep these areas dry and farmable.’
- ‘Most of the farmable land, in the middle of the country, is used as grazing pastures for livestock.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.