One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Over a large area.‘the high plains where bison roamed far and wide’
everywhere, here, there, and everywhere, far and near, all over, all around, all over the world, throughout the land, worldwideView synonyms
- ‘The bloggers scour far and wide for news reports and bring the most salient ones to the attention of their readers.’
- ‘Few had ever seen her, though tales of her strength, her beauty and her generous gifts spread far and wide.’
- ‘He was a noted musician and was renowned for his ability to play the flute which earned him recognition far and wide.’
- ‘Stephen was known far and wide for his love of Irish culture, particularly music, song and dance.’
- ‘Now I could go with my friends and we roamed far and wide, often taking a picnic with us.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.