One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having shrewd judgment and an ability to predict and plan for future eventualities.
- ‘The more far-seeing of the thousand or more chief executives here know it.’
- ‘He was the far-seeing pioneer who introduced cattle ranching and wheat farming to the American West.’
- ‘Some far-seeing scholars anticipated the changes.’
- ‘If that ruler is truly virtuous, wise and far-seeing, then that nation is truly a happy land.’
- ‘For the first century of the Republic's life, this picture of great figures, intellectual and pragmatic, principled and far-seeing, dominated explanations of the Constitution.’
- ‘The softspoken but far-seeing boss, like his company, has won every conceivable Best Boss / Entrepreneur / Businessman in Asia award.’
- ‘They must have been clear-thinking and far-seeing innovators to get so much right on the first try.’
- ‘‘I'm not so far-seeing as you both,’ Jasper shrugged his shoulders.’
- ‘It is possible that they have been far-seeing rather than retarded.’
- ‘Among his contemporaries he was the most balanced, moderate yet far-seeing.’
- ‘The American people aren't far-seeing enough to accept that yet, but I am.’
- ‘For example, do we take it for granted that those in power are far more intelligent and far-seeing than we are?’
- ‘He has something else in mind: ‘No one ever discusses the public, except to say how brilliant, wise, and far-seeing they are,’ he says.’
- ‘Noel provided this organisation with far-seeing leadership at a critical time in its development and growth.’
- ‘I do not go all the way with the predictions of the far-seeing prophets of the information superhighway, nor would I wish to hype the value of the Net.’
- ‘It assumes that violence is a protest's natural state, that all protests and protestors, if not reigned in by their more strategic and far-seeing comrades, will resort to violence.’
- ‘It's precisely because his advice is so good, lucid and far-seeing that it worries me that it is largely ignored.’
- ‘It took wise and far-seeing leaders to discern that major events were in the offing, requiring novel thinking.’
- ‘Even if he is inside the set-up, his far-seeing ideas have about as much chance of advance as those you read here.’
- ‘Here again Brown's programs to support collaborative student-faculty research turned out to be far-seeing in a manner the founders of our curriculum could not have predicted.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.