One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A place that is unreal or imaginary or that excites wonder.‘living in a fantasyland of endless prosperity and happiness’‘I live in the real world , not fantasyland’as modifier ‘the restaurant is famous for its fantasyland decor of twinkling lights and glitzy mirrors’
- ‘Floop's island castle is a phantasmagoric fantasyland where anything can happen, and does.’
- ‘She drew and colored a picture of a strange door that was half way opened with a remarkable fantasyland behind it.’
- ‘When he appeared, the children were transported to a fantasyland of presents, music, and sweets.’
- ‘They weren't living in a fantasyland of endless prosperity and happiness.’
- ‘Why has it taken so long for most of us to discover what an incredible gothic fantasyland this area of northern Italy is?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.