Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Excellent; wonderful.‘a fantabulous prize’
excellent, wonderful, marvellous, magnificent, superb, splendid, glorious, sublime, lovely, delightful, first-class, first-rate, outstandingView synonyms
- ‘Anyway, here's the list of fantabulous prizes.’
- ‘Every week she compiles a selection of amazingly fantabulous poetry, you get everything from the obscure and abstract to the essential and classic.’
- ‘And what if I meet some fantabulous guy there and we fall in love-?’
- ‘Is it an amazingly fantabulous movie that will be counted as a classic?’
- ‘I envisioned returning from my vacation energized and looking fantabulous.’
1950s: blend of fantastic and fabulous.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.