A small semicircular or rectangular window over a door or another window.
- ‘The four corners of the facades are accented with tall wooden pilasters, and the two identical front doors with semicircular fanlights are framed by pilasters supporting molded cornices.’
- ‘The front door has a fanlight while the hall has an ornate centre rose and coving.’
- ‘The principal doorways of both buildings are framed by pilasters and display graceful semicircular fanlights crowned with open pediments.’
- ‘A flight of granite steps leads to a front door with a fanlight.’
- ‘Manda could see a semicircular fanlight over the front door as the Michael steered the jeep toward the front of wrought iron gate.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.