One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being fanatical.‘the dangers of religious fanaticism’
zealotry, zeal, extremism, militancy, sectarianism, fundamentalism, bigotry, dogmatism, chauvinism, radicalism, immoderationobsessiveness, over-enthusiasm, addiction, fixation, madness, monomania, immoderation, passion, infatuationView synonyms
- ‘There seems to be a fanaticism on the part of those who legislate, for how come there is no variation of punishment?’
- ‘They are saying that many of us think that terrorism and religious fanaticism are part of the Islamic way of life.’
- ‘The prospects are for more destruction, fanaticism, violence and hatred.’
- ‘Still, fanaticism doesn't strike a chord with the majority of the region's Muslims.’
- ‘I think religious fanaticism is extremely unhealthy and it seems Mel Gibson is guilty of that.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.