One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Fiction written by a fan of, and featuring characters from, a particular TV series, movie, etc.
- ‘Unless you're the kind of person who spends their weekends writing fan fiction about video game characters this won't matter too much.’
- ‘I really like that - it totally encapsulates for me what fan fiction is about - writing the bits we don't see on TV, reading between the lines.’
- ‘Textual Poachers gives considerable attention to the fan fiction written about characters and situations originating in television shows.’
- ‘As a fledgling writer, I really wouldn't spend too much time worrying that people will write fan fiction with your characters in.’
- ‘I don't actually have much of an opinion on people using my characters in fan fiction.’
- ‘This is my first original story, I usually write fan fiction.’
- ‘Sometimes, in fan fiction, I'd write the whole story out before I start posting it.’
- ‘As its name suggests, fan fiction is fiction written by those who are great enthusiasts for a particular writer's work, and have borrowed his or her characters and contexts to write fiction of their own.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.