One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Fiction written by a fan of, and featuring characters from, a particular TV series, movie, etc.
- ‘I don't actually have much of an opinion on people using my characters in fan fiction.’
- ‘I really like that - it totally encapsulates for me what fan fiction is about - writing the bits we don't see on TV, reading between the lines.’
- ‘Textual Poachers gives considerable attention to the fan fiction written about characters and situations originating in television shows.’
- ‘As a fledgling writer, I really wouldn't spend too much time worrying that people will write fan fiction with your characters in.’
- ‘This is my first original story, I usually write fan fiction.’
- ‘As its name suggests, fan fiction is fiction written by those who are great enthusiasts for a particular writer's work, and have borrowed his or her characters and contexts to write fiction of their own.’
- ‘Unless you're the kind of person who spends their weekends writing fan fiction about video game characters this won't matter too much.’
- ‘Sometimes, in fan fiction, I'd write the whole story out before I start posting it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.