A dance in which the female performer is apparently nude and remains partly concealed throughout by large fans.
- ‘Suzuki and Butterfly dabbed each other's eyes, ecstatically twirled on any vestige of hope, performed a poignant fan dance, silhouetted behind silk screens.’
- ‘Didn't she do a fan dance down at that old burlesque house in Providence?’
- ‘Trendy supper clubs in New York and the more arty nightclubs in Los Angeles rediscovered an appreciation for a well executed fan dance about five years ago.’
- ‘From 1945 to 1960 he worked at London's Windmill Theatre as principal dancer and choreographer, staging over 150 shows and created the Windmill's famous fan dances.’
- ‘As he was leaving, he turned back to see what the girl was doing, and found her in the midst of an intricate fan dance.’