One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having no recognizable or distinct reason for one's fame other than high media exposure.
- ‘In this age of Z-list celebrities who are famous for being famous, it's so refreshing to meet a real star.’
- ‘Celebrities are famous for being famous; heroes change lives.’
- ‘Both women are certainly easy on the eye, but both are merely famous for being famous and that is about the sum of their achievements.’
- ‘That is always the way of artists, for only mere celebrities are famous for being famous and need to cultivate a profile.’
- ‘These are people who are famous for being famous, ciphers for our fantasies, cartoon characters with extravagant lives.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.