One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A living room used by all family members for recreation and relaxation.
- ‘There are three reception rooms inside the house - a sitting room, a family room and a large living room - the latter leads onto a patio to the rear garden.’
- ‘As well as four bedrooms, it boasts two bathrooms, three reception rooms and a family room, as well as assorted halls, pantries and studies.’
- ‘The home has four bedrooms and one very large sitting room with a separate family room.’
- ‘Sam showed them the two kitchens, the big dinner table, the music room, the living room, the family room, and a lot of the other rooms.’
- ‘The house has two studies, a library, a 15 ft kitchen, dining room, family room, sitting room, drawing room and two bathrooms.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.