One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The practice of controlling the number of children in a family and the intervals between their births, particularly by means of artificial contraception or voluntary sterilization.‘family-planning clinics’
- ‘Some village women are trained in midwifery and community-based family-planning services.’
- ‘In 1921 Stopes founded the Society for Constructive Birth Control which led the way for the later family-planning clinics.’
- ‘These workers, more than others, may require access to a family-planning clinic, contraceptive and sexual health services, emergency contraception, or pregnancy testing and counselling.’
- ‘In India, where family-planning efforts have been less aggressive, the population is growing much faster.’
- ‘All of the BYPC workers are entitled to free medical care, including routine health examinations, family-planning counseling, prenatal care, delivery care, and neonatal care.’
- 1.1 Artificial contraception.
- ‘It outlines options for beginning a family planning method following the use of emergency contraception.’
- ‘Nevertheless, today abortion is an essential method of family planning and should be accepted it as such.’
- ‘However, scholars unanimously agree that any permanent method of family planning, or even abortion, can be done if the life of the mother is in danger.’
- ‘In Muslim countries like Turkey and Indonesia, family planning methods are quite popular.’
- ‘Is it because they are ignorant about family planning methods or is it because they choose to have many kids?’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.