One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of medicine designed to provide basic health care to all the members of a family.
- ‘Dr. Johnson said she ‘loves pediatrics, geriatrics, the whole spectrum of family medicine.’’
- ‘In the United States, the professional constituency for primary care is fragmented into family medicine, general internal medicine, and general paediatrics.’
- ‘The collaboration between family medicine and public health is a crucial link in efforts to bring the benefits of health care to all Americans.’
- ‘Frank also called on congress to support family medicine and ‘help get safe, quality care to all Americans.’’
- ‘Perhaps no specialty is better suited than family medicine to bring health care to patients with diabetes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.