Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The branch of medicine designed to provide basic health care to all the members of a family.
- ‘The collaboration between family medicine and public health is a crucial link in efforts to bring the benefits of health care to all Americans.’
- ‘In the United States, the professional constituency for primary care is fragmented into family medicine, general internal medicine, and general paediatrics.’
- ‘Perhaps no specialty is better suited than family medicine to bring health care to patients with diabetes.’
- ‘Dr. Johnson said she ‘loves pediatrics, geriatrics, the whole spectrum of family medicine.’’
- ‘Frank also called on congress to support family medicine and ‘help get safe, quality care to all Americans.’’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.