A period in the evening during which many children and their families watch television, especially 8 to 9 p.m.‘the rise in the amount of sex and profanity, as well as violence, in the family hour does American families a disservice’
- ‘When I was a kid which wasn't very long ago, there was a family hour, and we'd watch things like ‘The Waltons’ and ‘Little House on the Prairie.’’
- ‘The 8 p.m. family hour is ancient history as far as the major broadcasters are concerned.’
- ‘ABC could have and should have aired this movie at 9: 00 p.m., not 8: 00 p.m. at the start of the family hour.’
- ‘And I think, since we are not on in the family hour, that you can see this.’
- ‘What do they see down the road in terms of the future of situation comedies during the family hour?’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.