Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A period in the evening during which many children and their families watch television, especially 8 to 9 p.m.‘the rise in the amount of sex and profanity, as well as violence, in the family hour does American families a disservice’
- ‘When I was a kid which wasn't very long ago, there was a family hour, and we'd watch things like ‘The Waltons’ and ‘Little House on the Prairie.’’
- ‘And I think, since we are not on in the family hour, that you can see this.’
- ‘ABC could have and should have aired this movie at 9: 00 p.m., not 8: 00 p.m. at the start of the family hour.’
- ‘What do they see down the road in terms of the future of situation comedies during the family hour?’
- ‘The 8 p.m. family hour is ancient history as far as the major broadcasters are concerned.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.