One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A period in the evening during which many children and their families watch television, especially 8 to 9 p.m.‘the rise in the amount of sex and profanity, as well as violence, in the family hour does American families a disservice’
- ‘ABC could have and should have aired this movie at 9: 00 p.m., not 8: 00 p.m. at the start of the family hour.’
- ‘What do they see down the road in terms of the future of situation comedies during the family hour?’
- ‘And I think, since we are not on in the family hour, that you can see this.’
- ‘The 8 p.m. family hour is ancient history as far as the major broadcasters are concerned.’
- ‘When I was a kid which wasn't very long ago, there was a family hour, and we'd watch things like ‘The Waltons’ and ‘Little House on the Prairie.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.