A Bible designed to be used at family prayers, typically one with space on its flyleaves for recording important family events.
- ‘After Tom's death, his name is written inside the cover of the family bible where dates of birth, marriage, and death are all recorded.’
- ‘A magnificent Stevenson family bible holds ancient birth certificates - and weighs a ton when you pick it up.’
- ‘On a shelf in his study stands a great, leather-bound family bible.’
- ‘He also looks at the genealogy in the family bible that shows his parents crossed out.’
- ‘Important occasions like births, baptisms, confirmations, marriages and deaths were carefully recorded in their big black family bibles.’