One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But now there is a new highway, familiarly known as the GT Road, and no different from any other.’
- ‘I will be leaving behind a landscape I know familiarly, that I observe closely, that I love.’
- ‘Davies followed an early yellow card with that second booking, and the 131st north London derby took on a familiarly modern pattern.’
- ‘Then how can you speak so familiarly with him?’
- ‘He abandoned his work on alchemy, his most recent fascination, and applied his legendary power of concentration completely on the Principia (as it is most familiarly known) for nearly two years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.