One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The fact of being untrue, incorrect, or insincere.‘he exposed the falsity of the claim’
untruthfulness, untruth, fallaciousness, falseness, falsehood, fictitiousness, fiction, inaccuracy, inexactness, hollownessView synonyms
- ‘Complainants would bear the burden of proving falsity or unfairness.’
- ‘Scorpio is the worst rising sign as it impedes and diminishes the relationship as well as being an indicator that there is falsity and deception involved.’
- ‘Despite the falsity of that claim being widely known, the ‘study’ was published in a serious scientific journal.’
- ‘Our culture is filled with liars and cheats, those great purveyors of falsity in the government, the media, the shops, and our homes.’
- ‘I can't deal with every falsity in just one column, so I'll deal with the different parts of his speech over the course of several weeks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.