Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The action of falsifying information or a theory.‘an investigation into fraud and the falsification of records’
forgery, counterfeiting, fabrication, invention, alteration, changing, doctoring, distortion, manipulation, manipulating, tampering, fudging, adulteration, debasement, perversion, corruption, misrepresentation, misapplicationvitiationView synonyms
- ‘The levels of falsifications by job applicants in the industry are alarming.’
- ‘Numerous falsifications, voter intimidation and a vicious propaganda campaign have prevailed in the first round.’
- ‘The charges put to the accused yesterday include the falsification of accounts, acquiring money under false pretences and failing to keep records.’
- ‘There are deliberate falsifications, fabrications and deliberate omissions.’
- ‘A government that is able to defend its policies before the people only through falsification and deception is a regime of extreme crisis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.