One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of falsifying information or a theory.‘an investigation into fraud and the falsification of records’
forgery, counterfeiting, fabrication, invention, alteration, changing, doctoring, distortion, manipulation, manipulating, tampering, fudging, adulteration, debasement, perversion, corruption, misrepresentation, misapplicationView synonyms
- ‘A government that is able to defend its policies before the people only through falsification and deception is a regime of extreme crisis.’
- ‘There are deliberate falsifications, fabrications and deliberate omissions.’
- ‘The levels of falsifications by job applicants in the industry are alarming.’
- ‘Numerous falsifications, voter intimidation and a vicious propaganda campaign have prevailed in the first round.’
- ‘The charges put to the accused yesterday include the falsification of accounts, acquiring money under false pretences and failing to keep records.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.