One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of falsifying information or a theory.‘an investigation into fraud and the falsification of records’
forgery, counterfeiting, fabrication, invention, alteration, changing, doctoring, distortion, manipulation, manipulating, tampering, fudging, adulteration, debasement, perversion, corruption, misrepresentation, misapplicationView synonyms
- ‘There are deliberate falsifications, fabrications and deliberate omissions.’
- ‘A government that is able to defend its policies before the people only through falsification and deception is a regime of extreme crisis.’
- ‘The charges put to the accused yesterday include the falsification of accounts, acquiring money under false pretences and failing to keep records.’
- ‘The levels of falsifications by job applicants in the industry are alarming.’
- ‘Numerous falsifications, voter intimidation and a vicious propaganda campaign have prevailed in the first round.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.