One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Pads of material in women's clothing used to increase the apparent size of the breasts.
- ‘If I'm doing the ‘guy in make-up’ look (which I have been known to do) then I certainly wouldn't opt for the bra and falsies.’
- ‘What a strange place to live, guys walking round in dresses and falsies and nobody gives a hoot.’
- ‘Crawford worried that she looked flat-chested in her bedridden scenes so she began wearing larger falsies.’
- ‘My grandmother Rose wrote a letter to my mom not long after I was born, advising her not to ‘wear falsies that are too prominent as they are not only cheap but tempt you know whom’!’
- ‘If, in addition, you are in the world's top five, and brimming with self-belief, you have to wear a bra complete with falsies and a bejewelled, female bun-warmer, so your opponent and the audience get one good laugh.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.