Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Temporary framework structures used to support a building during its construction.
- ‘Primary steel was erected on 360 tons of falsework and in a certain order because of construction loading constraints and cantilevers.’
- ‘These segments were supported by steel truss girders on falsework.’
- ‘When the eastern-most center element was erected and detailed, crews removed truss falsework.’
- ‘Each trichord was erected in 90-ft lengths assembly-line fashion, one at a time, onto three falsework towers shored off the mechanical level framing.’
- ‘At each end of the project, the deck design and layout are irregular, and for these areas a conventional falsework arrangement was used.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.