Temporary framework structures used to support a building during its construction.
- ‘When the eastern-most center element was erected and detailed, crews removed truss falsework.’
- ‘Primary steel was erected on 360 tons of falsework and in a certain order because of construction loading constraints and cantilevers.’
- ‘These segments were supported by steel truss girders on falsework.’
- ‘Each trichord was erected in 90-ft lengths assembly-line fashion, one at a time, onto three falsework towers shored off the mechanical level framing.’
- ‘At each end of the project, the deck design and layout are irregular, and for these areas a conventional falsework arrangement was used.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.