One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
usually as modifier A shot made while the shooter jumps or falls away from the basket.‘he hit a fallaway jumper with five minutes left in the half’
- ‘Leslie's hook shot and Mabika's fallaway jumper extended the Sparks' lead to 61-51.’
- ‘He has to get a drop step or a fallaway jumper or just a jump shot where he can take people to the middle and spin back to his right so you can't double-team him.’
- ‘He nailed his first three shots, all baseline jumpers, including a 20-foot fallaway over the reach of 7-footer Brad Miller.’
- ‘Still, O'Neill wants to see more penetration and fewer fallaway jumpers, the shot Carter turns to when he does not want to get whacked.’
- ‘In Boston, Paul Pierce returned from taking a hit in the mouth in the final minute to make a 5m fallaway jump shot as time expired and give Boston a win over Portland.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.