One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
usually as modifier A shot made while the shooter jumps or falls away from the basket.‘he hit a fallaway jumper with five minutes left in the half’
- ‘He nailed his first three shots, all baseline jumpers, including a 20-foot fallaway over the reach of 7-footer Brad Miller.’
- ‘He has to get a drop step or a fallaway jumper or just a jump shot where he can take people to the middle and spin back to his right so you can't double-team him.’
- ‘In Boston, Paul Pierce returned from taking a hit in the mouth in the final minute to make a 5m fallaway jump shot as time expired and give Boston a win over Portland.’
- ‘Leslie's hook shot and Mabika's fallaway jumper extended the Sparks' lead to 61-51.’
- ‘Still, O'Neill wants to see more penetration and fewer fallaway jumpers, the shot Carter turns to when he does not want to get whacked.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.