One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
trademark in US
A nickname for the World Series.
- ‘September 14: Major league baseball cancels the World Series - making it the first season without a Fall Classic in 90 years.’
- ‘Steve was eager to link with his father's past by also pitching in a Fall Classic involving the Cubs and Tigers.’
- ‘He was 19 years, one month old when he pitched one and a third scoreless innings for the Boston Red Sox in the 1967 World Series against the Cardinals, at that time making him the youngest hurler to appear in a Fall Classic.’
- ‘Now there was speculation that with Sutcliffe on the mound, they once again would be taking on Detroit in a Fall Classic.’
- ‘He picked up his second World Series victory on the way to a 4-3 record in three Fall Classics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.