Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The process of getting a sunless tan, as under sunlamps or by applying a sunless-tanning lotion.‘they're advertising reasonable prices for fake bakes’
- ‘I am also apparently in dire need of a fake bake and some eye cream.’
- ‘A fake bake is considered a relatively safe method of tanning and is free of the health risks that accompany exposure to ultraviolet rays.’
- ‘One of the biggest style no-no's is the "fake bake," aka those secret visits to the tanning salon!’
Get a sunless tan.‘in the winter months, she likes to fake-bake about once a week’
- ‘Sure, I bet you're going to tell me that's not his true natural olive skin and he fake-bakes.’
- ‘Many girls decide to fake bake in tanning beds.’
- ‘Most of them had to fake bake in tanning beds to get the look I got just hanging out on deck of my ship.’
- ‘Are you repulsed every time you see someone who so blatantly "fake bakes" that their skin is a bright shade of orange?’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.