One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being faithful; fidelity.‘faithfulness in marriage’
fidelity, loyalty, constancy, devotion, trueness, true-heartedness, dedication, commitment, allegiance, adherenceaccuracy, precision, exactness, closeness, strictness, fairness, justness, factuality, truth, truthfulness, veracity, authenticity, reliability, dependabilityView synonyms
- ‘Marriage was to be lifelong and marital faithfulness was to include monogamy.’
- ‘Consistency and faithfulness in upholding the law, then, is the main thing that Papuans want from the government.’
- ‘Tosca is then forced to choose between her faithfulness or telling the truth about what she saw at the villa.’
- ‘The mandarin duck represented faithfulness, the magpie good luck.’
- ‘Examples of the faithfulness and patience of good, loyal dogs are to be found throughout literature and the fine arts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.