One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See faith healing
- ‘And of course then they will go to different extremes than we would, they may go to a shaman, they may go to a faith healer looking for a way through this and to resolve the issue.’
- ‘In Bradford we found the papers of a local faith healer from the 1930s, and even the letters and medals of the first Keighley soldier to die in World War One.’
- ‘It is therefore forbidden to resort to any idolatrous faith healer or shrine, even when one is dangerously ill and a psychological cure may be effected.’
- ‘The male lead character starts off as an angry man, in a marriage that is no longer working, but he undergoes a spiritual conversion after meeting a faith healer.’
- ‘An international faith healer, who communicates with the spirit world and claims to have cured people of serious illness, will be available for consultation in Killarney at the weekend.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.