One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A professional opinion, provided by an investment bank or other third party, about whether the price offered in a merger or acquisition deal is reasonable.‘the offer was put to shareholders without a customary fairness opinion by a financial adviser’
- ‘As in fairness opinions, the valuation here can be manipulated.’
- ‘For their part, investment bankers defend fairness opinions.’
- ‘The crusade could aid reformers who argue that independent firms should write fairness opinions.’
- ‘BTG hired Quarterdeck to write the fairness opinion on the deal it had negotiated.’
- ‘Flowers issued a "fairness opinion" on the deal, endorsing the 70% premium Bank of America paid for the shares of Merrill Lynch.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.