One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A good reputation.
- ‘Their conduct has been a blot on the fair name of the country.’
- ‘But alas, I haven't a penny to my fair name - at least not after my next few purchases.’
- ‘They have disgraced the fair name of secularism.’
- ‘Mrs Tearle, a former town mayor and ex-chairman of Braintree District Council, called it a slur on the fair name of Witham at a time when she and the council were trying to raise its profile.’
- ‘I am writing to express my concern that the fair name of Shepperton is about to be libelled in the most scurrilous fashion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.