One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And it's illustrative of his open-mindedness, his fair-mindedness.’
- ‘In the meantime I had been quizzed, scrutinised and repeatedly asked to testify to my fair-mindedness and incorruptibility, with an insistence that began to make me feel unworthy: I was not putting in for canonisation, after all.’
- ‘That fair-mindedness never went unnoticed by political opponents who held him in the same high esteem as those within his own party ranks did.’
- ‘It then demonstrates its sophistication and fair-mindedness by acknowledging the objections to its thesis.’
- ‘Although the council is often described as conservative, this report exhibits a commendable fair-mindedness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.