One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A method of protecting computer systems from failure, in which standby equipment automatically takes over when the main system fails.as modifier ‘the second server went into failover mode within a minute’
- ‘The servers can be arranged behind $50,000 load-balancing and failover systems to swap out servers automatically upon failure.’
- ‘All services are configured to failover automatically to the slave in case of a failure on the master node.’
- ‘For users who like to stay current with operating system releases, this means testing of path failover software may unknowingly take place onsite rather than in the vendor's lab.’
- ‘If the primary server crashes, then the high availability operating system running failover software will reschedule its task to the standby server.’
- ‘A primary path failure does not necessarily cause loss of connection unless path failover software is either not implemented or malfunctions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.