One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It was generally the younger trendier folk, the ones who wander around in chocolate coloured trainers on dress-down Fridays, but this new faddish footwear had permeated my workplace without me noticing.’
- ‘It's this faddish, award/attention-seeking approach to weblogs which marginalises the genre and popularises the growing media disdain for weblogging in general.’
- ‘At the age of 18, after she appeared on the cover of Italian Vogue with a monk-like red crop and no eyebrows, she was dubbed ‘Le Freak’ and hailed as the frontrunner for a faddish new concept in beauty - the ugly model.’
- ‘This rather faddish enthusiasm for Monet during the 1970s matured into the deep-rooted and near-universal approval that greets any mention of Monet's name today.’
- ‘I became steeped in self-help books, psychology, psychotherapy, and all kinds of faddish treatments purporting to heal wounded souls.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.