One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The heterogeneous enrichment among individual worms agrees with reports that this nominal deposit feeder can facultatively filter-feed using a mucus net in its burrow, and that the ability to do so varies among populations.’
- ‘Among bats, larger species among the Pteropodidae (Old World fruit bats with mass in the range 0.21.5 kg) often glide or soar, and use undulating flight facultatively.’
- ‘Insects such as ants, wasps and flies from the vicinity are attracted to these rewards and defend the plants facultatively against herbivores.’
- ‘The adult cowtail stingray of Shark Bay, Western Australia, is a solitarily foraging animal that facultatively groups when resting on shallow, inshore sand flats.’
- ‘In many, if not all, facultatively social bees, ecological factors such as competition for nesting sites and predation seem to promote social nesting, although genetic differences may also underlie social variation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.