One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A system of rearing livestock using intensive methods, by which poultry, pigs, or cattle are confined indoors under strictly controlled conditions.
- ‘She says gardening is a good introduction to issues such as factory farming, pesticides and genetically modified food.’
- ‘Intensive factory farming has happened because of this demand for cheap food.’
- ‘The mountains of manure that factory farming generates foul our air and water, disrupting ecosystems and sickening rural communities.’
- ‘Laboratories using new tissue engineering technology might be able to produce meat that is healthier for consumers and cut down on pollution produced by factory farming, researchers said.’
- ‘Nor is a return to ‘primitive’ farming practices the only alternative to factory farming and highly intensive agriculture.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.