One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A system of rearing livestock using intensive methods, by which poultry, pigs, or cattle are confined indoors under strictly controlled conditions.
- ‘Laboratories using new tissue engineering technology might be able to produce meat that is healthier for consumers and cut down on pollution produced by factory farming, researchers said.’
- ‘The mountains of manure that factory farming generates foul our air and water, disrupting ecosystems and sickening rural communities.’
- ‘She says gardening is a good introduction to issues such as factory farming, pesticides and genetically modified food.’
- ‘Nor is a return to ‘primitive’ farming practices the only alternative to factory farming and highly intensive agriculture.’
- ‘Intensive factory farming has happened because of this demand for cheap food.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.