One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In fact al-Farisi's approach is based on the unique factorisation of an integer into powers of prime numbers, and, according to Rashed, he states and attempts to prove this, the so-called fundamental theorem of arithmetic, in this work.’
- ‘Following this revelation, perhaps we shouldn't be too hasty to rule out the possibility that there is also a simple algorithm for factorization that has similarly been overlooked.’
- ‘As a result new algorithms for solving problems can turn difficult mathematical problems, such as factorisation, into easy ones, making traditional key breaking simpler.’
- ‘Many computational tasks, such as decodings or the factorization of very large numbers, would become feasible that are infeasible with present machines.’
- ‘The integer 6,036, for instance, has the prime factorization 2 x 2 x 3 x 503, and 6 + 0 + 3 + 6 = 2 + 2 + 3 + 5 + 0 + 3.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.