Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A blood protein (a beta globulin) involved in clotting. A deficiency of this causes one of the main forms of hemophilia.→ factor
- ‘The disease is caused by deficient or defective blood coagulation proteins, known as factor VIII or IX.’
- ‘Haemophilia is caused by a deficiency of factor eight which causes the blood to clot.’
- ‘These abnormalities in the immune system may explain the appearance of autoantibodies directed against factor VIII in patients with clonal disorders such as erythroleukemia, as well as myelofibrosis and myelodysplastic syndrome.’
- ‘Another function of the von Willebrand factor is to carry the important clotting protein, called factor VIII, in the blood.’
- ‘It is a condition in which there is a either a quantitative or qualitative defect in the von Willebrand factor, a protein that is necessary to platelet adhesion and acts as a carrier protein for factor VIII.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.