One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But he states, ‘The University must not be complacent, and must avoid factiousness and ultra-Conservatism.’’
- ‘As proponents of checks and balances note, government that allows factiousness can protect the rights and interests of minorities by preventing a large majority from coalescing and dominating a polity.’
- ‘Although the 10 songs on The Woods include some of Sleater-Kinney's least subtle speechifying - the factiousness of ‘Entertain’ being a case in point - their playing has never been more inspired, or better captured.’
- ‘His failure to effect reform or root out corruption after Walpole's fall was thought by many to reveal factiousness and self-seeking and he was accused of avarice.’
- ‘In India the factiousness and feebleness of native princes combined with the rapacity of the French and English East India Companies to create a volatile situation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.