One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I am not asking this facetiously, I am genuinely puzzled as to why you decided to include this column over others in what I heard was a pretty heated competition last term.’
- ‘Suggesting it as to people whom you do dislike, even if you suggest it facetiously, is mean-spirited.’
- ‘I had posted this link facetiously but see that some commenters, both pro and con, are taking it more seriously.’
- ‘This is a point I've made facetiously for some time now.’
- ‘I facetiously call it the bitter season, and there have been times when it's been hard.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.