One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With the face or surface turned upward to view.‘place the panel face up before cutting’
- ‘Announce the number of cards you wish to exchange aloud, when you lay them face down on the table.’
- ‘Let's start with cards on the table face upwards.’
- ‘We'd deal a hand each, put the rest of the deck between us, turn the top card on the deck face up, and begin.’
- ‘Placing an object face upwards so as to be visible to a friend a hundred miles away would be to put it in the public sphere.’
- ‘When doing this exercise, lie face up with your legs bent and feet flat on the floor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.