With the face or surface turned upward to view.‘place the panel face up before cutting’
- ‘Let's start with cards on the table face upwards.’
- ‘When doing this exercise, lie face up with your legs bent and feet flat on the floor.’
- ‘Announce the number of cards you wish to exchange aloud, when you lay them face down on the table.’
- ‘Placing an object face upwards so as to be visible to a friend a hundred miles away would be to put it in the public sphere.’
- ‘We'd deal a hand each, put the rest of the deck between us, turn the top card on the deck face up, and begin.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.