One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A camera setting corresponding to a particular f-number.
- ‘If you tell it to do so, the camera will preset f-stops and shutter speeds (it also has an auto flash) in just about any environment.’
- ‘I was inducted into the arcane mysteries of shutter speeds, f-stops, ASA / ISO and the curious phenomenon of the (separate, handheld) light meter.’
- ‘There isn't much use for f-stops, shutter speeds, or focusing.’
- ‘He seemed hardly to care about f-stops or shutter speeds.’
- ‘The aperture size is usually given as the f-stop or f-number.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.