One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Things worn on the eyes, such as spectacles and contact lenses.
- ‘He made himself larger than life in multi-storey platforms and drew attention to his glasses, rather than his short-sightedness, with flamboyant eyewear.’
- ‘Jack doesn't wear protective eyewear when he's drilling either, and I couldn't let that one slide without comment.’
- ‘‘I don't think there's been a new design in eyewear since the early Nineties,’ says Claire.’
- ‘I accepted my fate, paid up and looked happy and today was summoned to collect this new eyewear.’
- ‘Get down to the opticians and sort yourself out with some eyewear.’
- ‘None wore protective eyewear, with the exception of the occasional pair of cheap, blue-tinted sunglasses worn far down on the nose.’
- ‘Prior to their introduction there was no racing eyewear which conformed to the EU standards for eyewear.’
- ‘Protective eyewear - such as sun filters and welder's glasses - is essential to prevent damage to the eye.’
- ‘The new eyewear can be broken down into two categories - spectacles or goggles.’
- ‘Whether it is funky or elegantly dreamy, avant-garde designs and expressive concepts in eyewear continue to attract modern men and women.’
- ‘People with long-sightedness usually need to wear corrective eyewear such as glasses or contact lenses to read, write and carry out detailed tasks.’
- ‘Protective equipment such as wet suits, gloves, boots, eyewear and helmets may be appropriate to wear.’
- ‘From undergarments to belts to eyewear, they are all available.’
- ‘We strongly recommend that people who have had severe injury to one of their eyes wear protective eyewear at all times.’
- ‘Maybe you have an issue with designer eyewear; I don't.’
- ‘The main types of protective eyewear are safety glasses, safety goggles and face shields.’
- ‘Protective eyewear is recommended for persons participating in contact sports, especially if they have moderate or severe myopia.’
- ‘This can help you decide between coated dielectric, glass, or polymer eyewear.’
- ‘There are almost no accessories on the runway - just shoes, belt and lots of eyewear.’
- ‘You probably don't think eyewear is so important in the winter season, but it is becoming more and more important as an accessory to express personal style.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.