Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1A single lens for correcting or assisting defective eyesight, especially a monocle.
- ‘If my wife can have one contact, why can't we have one eyeglass?’
- ‘We manufacture bespoke custom handmade eyeglass frames, spectacle frames and sunglasses in house at our own eye glasses frame making factory.’
- 1.1North American another term for glasses
- ‘But the cost of eyeglasses or contact lenses is more easily managed.’
- ‘People who wear eyeglasses or contact lenses must remember to wear them when evaluating eyepiece focus.’
- ‘In some cases, the problem can be corrected by wearing eyeglasses or contact lenses.’
- ‘Emphasize to your clients that there is no shame in the use of a hearing instrument, just as there is no shame in the use of eyeglasses or contact lenses.’
- ‘You can easily correct this condition with eyeglasses or contact lenses.’
- ‘You will not be allowed to wear jewelry, eyeglasses, contact lenses, dentures or wigs during the procedure.’
- ‘We drive cars with plastic parts, we wear eyeglasses with plastic lenses, and we sip mineral water from plastic bottles.’
- ‘In the future, contact lenses may not just be a cosmetic alternative to eyeglasses, but also a drug-delivering vehicle.’
- ‘The right lens of my eyeglasses is scratched to the point of making my vision all foggy in that eye while wearing them.’
- ‘You can easily correct the condition with eyeglasses or contact lenses.’
- ‘A child's vision should be checked for conditions such as: misaligned eyes, cataracts, and problems that need correction with eyeglasses.’
- ‘Low vision is a visual impairment not correctable by regular eyeglasses or contact lenses, medicine, or surgery.’
- ‘Try substituting eyeglasses for your contact lenses when the pollen count is high.’
- ‘Contact lenses offer no eye protection, and eyeglasses provide inadequate protection.’
- ‘Each of the recipients was given a sight test so they could receive the correct eyeglasses.’
- ‘Your eyeglass or contact lens prescription should be stable for at least one year.’
- ‘Patients may operate a vehicle without eyeglasses or contact lenses with a baseline of 20/40 vision.’
- ‘You may have to remove contact lenses, eyeglasses, jewelry, hairpins and other items.’
- ‘Treatment may include prescribing eyeglasses or contact lenses to slightly overcorrect night vision and decrease the light scatter.’
- ‘Before you set your mind to replace your eyeglasses with contact lenses, take these risks into consideration and then figure out if the benefits outweigh the risks.’
- 1.2another term for eyepiece
- ‘A surgeon may utilize a microscope eyeglass assembly in order for him to achieve a desired magnification of the operating area.’
- ‘Means are provided for preventing rotation of the eyeglass lenses when the microscope's binocular tubes are adjusted for the user's interpupillary distance.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.