Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A cosmetic pencil for defining or accentuating the eyebrows.
cosmetics, greasepaintView synonyms
- ‘Just groom the eyebrow with an eyebrow brush and apply an eyebrow pencil to the area, making sure that the whole area is shaded evenly.’
- ‘I only use an eyebrow pencil to fill in my sparse eyebrows.’
- ‘Purchase an eyebrow pencil the same shade as your hair making sure the pencil is hard, test on the back of your hand.’
- ‘Now draw in a new brow line with an eyebrow pencil.’
- ‘Make sure you have the basic tools: tweezers, cuticle scissors, clear mascara, a white eye pencil and an eyebrow pencil or powder.’
- ‘A top tip was using an eyebrow pencil to help define the eyes and to use a brown eye pencil rather than a blue one.’
- ‘Wrapping my towel a little tighter around my body, I made my way toward the door, an eyebrow pencil wedged between my lips.’
- ‘The innovative eyebrow pencil combines the benefits of a pencil and powder applicator.’
- ‘You can also use colored eyebrow pencils that match the color of your facial hair to fill in any blank spots.’
- ‘If you make a mistake when plucking your eyebrows, don't panic, there are things on the market now for patching up but you can just use your mascara and an eyebrow pencil.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.