One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cosmetic pencil for defining or accentuating the eyebrows.
cosmetics, greasepaintView synonyms
- ‘Make sure you have the basic tools: tweezers, cuticle scissors, clear mascara, a white eye pencil and an eyebrow pencil or powder.’
- ‘Purchase an eyebrow pencil the same shade as your hair making sure the pencil is hard, test on the back of your hand.’
- ‘The innovative eyebrow pencil combines the benefits of a pencil and powder applicator.’
- ‘I only use an eyebrow pencil to fill in my sparse eyebrows.’
- ‘Wrapping my towel a little tighter around my body, I made my way toward the door, an eyebrow pencil wedged between my lips.’
- ‘You can also use colored eyebrow pencils that match the color of your facial hair to fill in any blank spots.’
- ‘If you make a mistake when plucking your eyebrows, don't panic, there are things on the market now for patching up but you can just use your mascara and an eyebrow pencil.’
- ‘Now draw in a new brow line with an eyebrow pencil.’
- ‘A top tip was using an eyebrow pencil to help define the eyes and to use a brown eye pencil rather than a blue one.’
- ‘Just groom the eyebrow with an eyebrow brush and apply an eyebrow pencil to the area, making sure that the whole area is shaded evenly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.