One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bolt or bar with an eye at the end for attaching a hook or ring to.
- ‘Fasten this to the wall with eye bolts three to four inches from the wall to allow for ventilation and space for the vine to twine.’
- ‘To do the job you'll need a 30-inch piece of 1/4-inch iron about 4 inches wide, two 1/2-inch lag bolts with washers, and an eye bolt with nuts, washers and lock washers.’
- ‘The AN3-14a must pass through the eye of the eye bolt.’
- ‘Prisoners are forced to stand, handcuffed and with their feet shackled to an eye bolt in the floor for more than 40 hours.’
- ‘Equipment furnished by the factory included a side air scoop, lifting eye bolts, tool kit, steel exhaust flanges, propeller hub cones and nut.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.