One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Opposite extremes have much in common.
- ‘In the recesses of the Middle East where extremes meet, dismay at the loss of innocent lives was tempered with happier emotions ranging from quiet satisfaction to open celebration.’
- ‘Ironically enough, in Gramsci ‘the extremes meet,’ confirming the overlapping lineage of both left and right ideologies.’
- ‘John and Yoko were people whose fantastic freedom became - where extremes meet - a fantastic prison.’
- ‘Genovese is, it should be said, an illuminating example of the way in which left-wing and right-wing extremes meet in a love of tyranny and a hatred of freedom.’
- ‘This is a place of ambivalence, a place where extremes meet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.