One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to an activity performed in space outside a spacecraft.
- ‘Two projects focus on advanced technologies for extravehicular activity.’
- ‘We are currently hiring suitable candidates for extravehicular repair work for an upcoming mission to the International Space Station.’
- ‘In addition, the pilot may assist in the deployment and retrieval of satellites using the remote manipulator system, in extravehicular activities, and in other payload operations.’
- ‘That's where astronauts practice extravehicular activities, more commonly known as spacewalks.’
- ‘Besides logging more than 259 hours in space, he has more than 14 hours of extravehicular activity, or spacewalking.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.