Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to an activity performed in space outside a spacecraft.
- ‘We are currently hiring suitable candidates for extravehicular repair work for an upcoming mission to the International Space Station.’
- ‘Besides logging more than 259 hours in space, he has more than 14 hours of extravehicular activity, or spacewalking.’
- ‘In addition, the pilot may assist in the deployment and retrieval of satellites using the remote manipulator system, in extravehicular activities, and in other payload operations.’
- ‘That's where astronauts practice extravehicular activities, more commonly known as spacewalks.’
- ‘Two projects focus on advanced technologies for extravehicular activity.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.