One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to an activity performed in space outside a spacecraft.
- ‘Two projects focus on advanced technologies for extravehicular activity.’
- ‘In addition, the pilot may assist in the deployment and retrieval of satellites using the remote manipulator system, in extravehicular activities, and in other payload operations.’
- ‘We are currently hiring suitable candidates for extravehicular repair work for an upcoming mission to the International Space Station.’
- ‘Besides logging more than 259 hours in space, he has more than 14 hours of extravehicular activity, or spacewalking.’
- ‘That's where astronauts practice extravehicular activities, more commonly known as spacewalks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.