Situated or occurring outside the vascular system.‘extravascular fluid’
- ‘Two hours after airway instillation, we quantified the blood-free extravascular lung water content.’
- ‘This, in effect, increases blood pressure by increasing the volume of extravascular fluid.’
- ‘In addition, pathways for movement of macromolecules from extravascular sites into the airways are worthy of further study.’
- ‘For example, veins are barriers between intravascular and extravascular tissues.’
- ‘The altered erythrocytes undergo both intravascular and extravascular destruction.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.