Existing, formed, or occurring outside the uterus.‘the first hour of extrauterine life’
- ‘Labor is a process through which the fetus moves from the intrauterine to the extrauterine environment.’
- ‘Sonographic evaluation at presentation can usually differentiate between intrauterine and extrauterine pregnancy and offer some prognostic clues.’
- ‘Of note, extrauterine decidual change associated with pregnancy or oral contraceptives also resembles squamous cell carcinoma.’
- ‘Many cardiopulmonary problems related to the transition from an intrauterine to an extrauterine environment become apparent during the first 12 hours after birth.’
- ‘Acute appendicitis is the commonest extrauterine indication for laparotomy in pregnancy, and it can occur in any trimester.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.