Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Existing, formed, or occurring outside the uterus.‘the first hour of extrauterine life’
- ‘Labor is a process through which the fetus moves from the intrauterine to the extrauterine environment.’
- ‘Acute appendicitis is the commonest extrauterine indication for laparotomy in pregnancy, and it can occur in any trimester.’
- ‘Many cardiopulmonary problems related to the transition from an intrauterine to an extrauterine environment become apparent during the first 12 hours after birth.’
- ‘Of note, extrauterine decidual change associated with pregnancy or oral contraceptives also resembles squamous cell carcinoma.’
- ‘Sonographic evaluation at presentation can usually differentiate between intrauterine and extrauterine pregnancy and offer some prognostic clues.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.