Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or denoting nerves concerned with motor activity that descend from the cortex to the spine and are not part of the pyramidal system.‘extrapyramidal symptoms’
- ‘These agents also have safety issues, particularly those of acute extrapyramidal symptoms, tardive dyskinesia, and neuroleptic malignant syndrome.’
- ‘Common side effects of antipsychotics include sedation, anticholinergic effects, orthostatic hypotension, extrapyramidal symptoms and tardive dyskinesia.’
- ‘New antipsychotic medications such as olanzapine and risperidone often can effectively control schizophrenic symptoms without the extrapyramidal side effects of traditional agents.’
- ‘Most of these drugs are designed to control negative symptoms and produce fewer extrapyramidal side effects than conventional medications.’
- ‘In the elderly, antipsychotic medications can cause serious side effects, such as extrapyramidal symptoms and tardive dyskinesia.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.