One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting nerves concerned with motor activity that descend from the cortex to the spine and are not part of the pyramidal system.‘extrapyramidal symptoms’
- ‘New antipsychotic medications such as olanzapine and risperidone often can effectively control schizophrenic symptoms without the extrapyramidal side effects of traditional agents.’
- ‘Common side effects of antipsychotics include sedation, anticholinergic effects, orthostatic hypotension, extrapyramidal symptoms and tardive dyskinesia.’
- ‘These agents also have safety issues, particularly those of acute extrapyramidal symptoms, tardive dyskinesia, and neuroleptic malignant syndrome.’
- ‘In the elderly, antipsychotic medications can cause serious side effects, such as extrapyramidal symptoms and tardive dyskinesia.’
- ‘Most of these drugs are designed to control negative symptoms and produce fewer extrapyramidal side effects than conventional medications.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.