One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Each of six small voluntary muscles controlling movement of the eyeball within the socket.
- ‘The size of the motor unit in this muscle approximates the size of that in the extraocular muscles, less than about ten muscle fibers.’
- ‘Infiltration of extraocular muscles may lead to moderate to severe restriction of movement.’
- ‘It may be absent on one side, in which case the extraocular muscle usually innervated by the abducens (the lateral rectus) is supplied by the oculomotor nerve.’
- ‘But this isn't a simple diabetic extraocular muscle palsy.’
- ‘Other symptoms include photophobia, pain with extraocular muscle movement, excessive tearing, blepharospasm, foreign body sensation, gritty feeling, blurred vision, and headache.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.