One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Each of six small voluntary muscles controlling movement of the eyeball within the socket.
- ‘It may be absent on one side, in which case the extraocular muscle usually innervated by the abducens (the lateral rectus) is supplied by the oculomotor nerve.’
- ‘Other symptoms include photophobia, pain with extraocular muscle movement, excessive tearing, blepharospasm, foreign body sensation, gritty feeling, blurred vision, and headache.’
- ‘The size of the motor unit in this muscle approximates the size of that in the extraocular muscles, less than about ten muscle fibers.’
- ‘Infiltration of extraocular muscles may lead to moderate to severe restriction of movement.’
- ‘But this isn't a simple diabetic extraocular muscle palsy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.