One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of an action or situation) beyond the authority of the law; not regulated by the law.
- ‘Furthermore, the elders never gave any indication of being aware that their actions were extralegal, if not illegal.’
- ‘Its participants drew on an American tradition of collective organization and crowd action which held extralegal activity to be legitimate when justice was otherwise elusive.’
- ‘These were extralegal considerations, irrelevant, impure.’
- ‘The side effect is an extralegal economy; for example, the ‘construction industry’ was slumping in Peru, yet concrete was being sold at a record rate because of the extralegal construction going on.’
- ‘The main extralegal means of tenure is squatting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.