One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of an action or situation) beyond the authority of the law; not regulated by the law.
- ‘Its participants drew on an American tradition of collective organization and crowd action which held extralegal activity to be legitimate when justice was otherwise elusive.’
- ‘These were extralegal considerations, irrelevant, impure.’
- ‘The side effect is an extralegal economy; for example, the ‘construction industry’ was slumping in Peru, yet concrete was being sold at a record rate because of the extralegal construction going on.’
- ‘The main extralegal means of tenure is squatting.’
- ‘Furthermore, the elders never gave any indication of being aware that their actions were extralegal, if not illegal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.