Situated, occurring, or originating outside the Milky Way galaxy.‘extragalactic radio sources’
- ‘The number of these sources is consistent with the expected number of extragalactic sources in the background sky.’
- ‘Astronomers can determine the composition and temperature of extragalactic material by analyzing the way radiation passing through it is distributed along an infrared spectrum.’
- ‘It is definitely an extragalactic background.’
- ‘Hence the whole foundation of extragalactic astronomy and Big Bang theory is swept away’ .’
- ‘And on extragalactic scales, they even expect to study individual stars around black holes.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.